PART TIME KITCHEN ASSISTANT
Picky Bits are on the hunt for an experienced kitchen assistant to join the team!
Permanent part time role based in Epsom.
You must be;
- Friendly, reliable, committed and share our passion for Picky Bits!
- You work well under pressure and will be the cogs that keep the wheels turning during busy shifts.
- You will take pride in your work and most definitely be a morning person!
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and reading. We LOVE a list.
- At least Food Hygiene Level 2 is preferable.
- Full UK driving license free of any convictions to drive the company van for errands and occasional deliveries.
If you have not had experience working in a fast-paced catering environment, then the following attributes are essential;
- Ninja knife skills
- A willingness to learn and ability to work well under pressure/up against the clock!
- An understanding of food and the flavours, colours and textures that work well together.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with ingredients. You must know your pecans from your pine nuts to your pumpkin seeds.
- An obsession with food and an eye for detail.
- Stringent about maintaining food hygiene standards
- A sense of humour and a great memory
- Basic food prep – rinsing, chopping, peeling, slicing!
- Cleanliness – washing, wiping, sweeping, mopping!
- Keeping our kitchen space clean and organised
- Loading and unloading the van. Unpacking and correctly storing deliveries
- Sharing the responsibility to record temperatures and keep kitchen diary up to date
- Deliveries and errands (driving the Picky Bits van)
- Greeting customers at the door for order collections
- Shift patterns can differ but availability over the weekends is essential.
- Must be flexible to varying hours to suit the business needs. No week is ever the same!
- Looking for someone who can work Saturdays, some Fridays and the occasional Sunday all with early starts.
- 15-20 hours per week
- Potential to go full time as the company grows!
- Hourly rate of pay is negotiable and will be based on experience and skill sets.
CVs and/or application letters to Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read through the application carefully before applying and if you still think you fit the bill please make us aware of any points above that you do not think you may be able to fulfil.